Gusdorff Law focuses on federal and state appellate litigation throughout California. Janet Gusdorff, the founder of Gusdorff Law, brings a unique perspective and approach to appellate law, having exclusively handled appeals and writs her entire career. Her combination of creative and forthright advocacy gives her clients an advantage in the appellate courts by establishing credibility and by articulating the most persuasive, though not always obvious, arguments. She created Gusdorff Law to help clients hold onto their hard-fought judgments and challenge unfair adverse judgments.
No two cases are the same, and Gusdorff Law’s approach to each case is tailored to fit each client’s unique needs and budget. Some of the ways Gusdorff Law accomplishes this goal include:
- handling the client’s entire appeal from filing the notice of appeal through finality;
- co-counseling with trial counsel in the appellate courts;
- consulting with trial counsel who want to retain primary responsibility for the case but benefit from Ms. Gusdorff’s expertise;
- offering a flat-rate fee for consulting services, appeals and writs;
- offering a contingent fee arrangement for defending against certain types of appeals; and
- offering a hybrid flat-rate/contingent fee arrangement in certain types of cases.
Additionally, Janet Gusdorff offers consulting services to trial attorneys on law & motion matters. Ms. Gusdorff’s research and writing skills, as well as appellate knowledge, make her an invaluable resource for busy trial lawyers.