Legal Blog

how to get a stay of judgment pending an appeal

How To Stay A Judgment Pending Appeal

The prevailing party at trial can usually execute a court judgment immediately or otherwise act in accordance with it. But a stay will suspend this, pending appeal of the matter. Although stays are sometimes granted

Read More »
Writ of Supersedeas

What Is A Writ Of Supersedeas?

Supersedeas is a Latin term meaning “you shall desist.” Appropriately, a writ of supersedeas is a request for a court to stay enforcement of a judgment pending appeal. There are detailed guidelines for petitioning the

Read More »